Saturday, March 15, 2008

Props!







One of the things that I love most about photographing kids is props! I am not talking about putting babies in buckets or baskets, I love props that mean something to the child. Props should tell a story about a moment in your child's life. I photographed my son, Tavin, wearing these glasses yesterday. Only he knows why, but for a few weeks now he has been wearing them non-stop. I wanted to have a momento of his quirkiness, so that I don't forget it when he is all grown up. This way I will never let him forget it aswell! TIP: If you use props, use something that is dear to your child. The girl holding the stuffed animal is Jane and the animal is Bubbles. The other stuffed animal Lemonade, her brother Clark's. Get creative. Don't be afraid to photograph objects that mean something to your child. These are Jane's adorable pink shoes. They will love to see the photographs when they grow up and no longer have those items. Use something that will spark a memory of something hilarious they did, even if it is 20 years down the road. Favorite costumes are always great too!

No comments: